[FAQ] Labels

So there are still some bloggers who don't know what labels are for. So this FAQ page explains everything about labels. I hope you'll find every answer you're looking for related to labels.


FAQ

Jump to any topic simply by clicking any of these topics

What are labels
Why I need labels in my post
How to add labels in my post
How to change labels in my post
How to delete labels from my post
SEO value of labels

Answer to your question

What are labels

Labels are same as categories on Wordpress. They are mainly used to categorize your posts and to differentiate posts from each other. Consider labels as topics and if you're going to make a blog on two topics then labels play a major role to help you achieve your goal. Labels give your visitors an option to choose whatever they're looking for.

Also see:-
How to create navigation menu with labels on blogger

Why I need labels in my post

To understand why you need labels let us take an example:-

Suppose you've a blog on cars and you post everything about cars but now you're thinking to post on bikes too. Now without labels you can not categorize your posts. But when you use labels you give a label like car garage to car posts and bike center for bike posts. This way you can categorize your blog posts.

Now both of the labels will be shown on your homepage when you use 'Labels' gadget. Whenever your visitor clicks on 'Car garage' they will see all the posts labelled with car garage and no post will be there of 'Bike center'

Same is going to happen when your visitor clicks 'Bike center' they will see all the posts with bike center label.

So labels are very important to your blog.

How to add labels in my post

To add labels to your posts please follow these steps:-


  • Open blogger
  • Make or edit a post
  • Click 'Labels' on right hand side
  • Type in your label
  • Click 'Done'


How to change labels in my post


  • Open blogger
  • Click on the post you want to change labels
  • Select 'Labels' on right hand side
  • Edit labels
  • Click 'Done'


How to delete labels from my post


  • Open blogger
  • Click on the post you want to change labels
  • Select 'Labels' on right hand side
  • Delete labels
  • Click 'Done'


SEO value of labels

Some of the bloggers think that using labels will help their blog to get noticed. So let me tell you labels has nothing to do with SEO. Their sole purpose it to help readers to navigate within a blog. Labels are used to help readers and if you're thinking that adding labels will help you with SEO then you're thinking wrong.

SEO tips for bloggers

Leave your question in comments and I'll add your question with solution here.
Let's help other bloggers out there.

I like blogging as much as I like coding and designing though not more than traveling.
If I'm not here publishing stuff then you will find me researching about SEO and marketing.
Love to meet new people and try to help every person.
Find me interesting or have any issue?
Shoot a message and I'll be with you.

0 comments:

Don't forget to check 'Notify me' box to get notification of reply.